Circo Maximo Experience
- OutdoorsTours & cruisesCultural & historical sites
- Free or 17% discount
What you'll do
See history and technology collide on this fascinating tour of the Circo Maximo.
Enjoy the Circo Maximo Experience with the Omnia Rome and Vatican Pass
- Explore the Circus Maximus on a 40-minute tour of the complex.
- See history come to life with the help of augmented and virtual reality.
- Walking itinerary available in Italian, English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, and Japanese.
- This attraction is included with your Roma Pass, which gives you free entry to your choice of two Rome attractions.
The Circo Maximo Experience allows you to immerse yourself in ancient Roman life through an exploration of the history of this important site.
Using augmented (AR) and virtual reality (VR) you will be able to explore one of the most relevant monuments in Roman history, the Circus Maximus. As the tour progresses, your virtual reality equipment will show you the evolution of the Circo Maximo, starting from when it was just a field in the ancient Murcia Valley, through to the fall of the Roman Empire. Your goggles and headset will simulate how life was in ancient Rome, with realistic depictions of people going about their daily lives, attending political and social events, and worshipping.
Circo Maximo Experience highlights
- Arch of Titus - your VR set will transform this area from rubble to a grandiose 20-meter structure.
- Chariot race - stand alongside cheering Romans as your AR glasses bring to life the excitement of a Chariot race.
This attraction is included with your Roma Pass, which gives you free entry to your choice of two Rome attractions, plus discounted entry to many more. It also comes with a 72-hour travel card so you can breeze between attractions with ease.
As part of this Rome and Vatican pass package, you’ll also receive an Omnia Card, which allows you free entry to Vatican attractions, as well as the Rome Hop-On Hop-Off Bus.
Know before you go
Getting in: show your Roma Pass for entry.
Please note: a ticket must be purchased for each child (ages 6 - 17) to enter the experince.
This attraction is part of your Roma Pass, which gives you free entry to two Rome attractions.
Where you'll be
Viale Aventino, Rome, IT
Please note: shows are weather-permitting. Rain may result in the closure of the attraction.
Dreaming of that Rome city break?
Sign up to receive top travel tips